Friday, January 18, 2008

Music to My Ears

I have to share this with you b/c it truly was music to my ears and made me giggle, but I have to shed a little background for you first.
After our youngest son was born Little man, knew he was no longer the baby nor the only little boy in the house. When we came home from the hospital it was great but after the first week the competition began. To make it short and sweet, since then we have had some hardtimes with him. It seemed like there was no end to the behavior he was showing and the potty training was not going to happen. Well, two yrs one month and 17 days later Little Man decided it was time to be a big boy see my post, I'm a BigKid Now. Well this past week he has really been trying to be on his best behavior. He told me the other day, "Mommy, your the most beautifulest mommy I have." Is that hilarious or what and sweet at the same time. Well, like I said, I could not help but giggle as I bent down to tell him how much I love him and how he is the most beautifulest son and that it makes me so happy when he obeys, and shares and is respectful and well, you get the idea. Well this has obviously stuck with him b/c all I have heard this week (not all the time, but for the most part anyway) after he was instructed to do something or stop doing something, his reply has been, "ok my beautiful mommy" and HE DOES IT RIGHT AWAY! Now, how long will this last? Who knows but for the time being, I am just eating it up and rejoicing he has and is coming around and pray that he will continue to want to please his mommy, daddy and those in authority with a joyful heart.

2 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

That is so sweet! Trully music to a mommy's ear!! Those are moments to treasure.

Amy Gomez said...

My little guy says, "I lub you mommy" right before he knows he is in trouble. It is a precious age--I forgot how much work it is--I wouldn't have it any other way! GO MARK ANDREW---keep loving on your mama!! Amy (don't let it go to your head--hehe)