Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What's a Mom to Do?

I was not planning on posting today, due to a really bad headache I have had since this morning but thought this was funny and wanted to share it while it was still fresh on my mind.

As I said, I woke up with a massive headache this morning (and still have it) so I decided to basically kick back and take the day off from any of my daily routine ( housework). Well, this included changing the boys into day clothes as well as myself. So here I am still in my night clothes (t-shirt, and pajama pants that do not match by anymeans). I let the boys watch alot of tv (I know I am a very bad mommy)while I watched some as well. We had lunch then off the boys went for nap time. Well as I was sitting pretty as a princess w/o a care in the world b/c I have a terrible headache remember; I got up for more meds only to notice the clock said 2:45 it was only 15 minutes untill the girls got out of school!!!!!!!! I quickly woke the boys up from a really nice nap, did not change any clothes or diaper and threw ourselves into the van and away we sped I mean went. As we pulled out of our subdivision a car comes along and I guess thought it would be fun to try to race me to the end of the street. Obviously not knowing I was in a hurry and trying to beat the clock to get the girls I kinda rolled through the stop sign and realized I was passing a law officer. My heart and stomach both just sank and I thought, well, thats what you get for racing with some other crazy person AND HOW AM I GOING TO TELL MARK I NO lONGER HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD? Well, thankfully she did not see or was off duty b/c I slid by, WHEW! As we were getting closer to the school I then hear "mommy, I have to go potty really bad." so in my most loving way I told him to hold it until we got to the school. Once we came to the school, which I was 5 minutes early I begin to park and as I am getting out I realize, what am I doing? We are all still in our pjs, UUGGHH! NO WAY was I taking him in the school looking the way I did! All the meanwhile I am being reminded of his emergency every 3 seconds so, I tell him we can not go into the school b/c we are not dressed, so and he just had to hold it now untill we got home. As we are waiting back in line to pick up the girlies I then hear " mommy, if I go potty it's your fault b/c I told you and you wouldn't take me poooottttttty!!!!" HA,Seriously, what was I suppose to do, what would you have done? REMEMBER, I basically looked beyond the worst.
Anywho...we finally got the girlies and away we sped to get home asap! However, I had to choose the route of two sets of train tracks and of course we came to a train but not just any train a train that was going maybe 2 mph! By this time, I am so freaking out and am thinking, ok ,it is my fault if he has an accident so be prepared to clean up some nast! Well, the girlies some how got him to stop thinking of his emergency and we finally made our way back home. As we all piled out of the van and into the house very quickly, I told Little Man to hurry and go potty. He stops,, turns to me and says " It's too late mommy, I do not have to go anymore!!! What are you kidding me?!
All I can say to that is, thank goodness we made it home w/o any incidents of any kind!

4 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

hee,hee:)that could of been a huge mess to clean up! thank goodness he didn't have an accident.

The Princess Diaries said...

That's what kids are for....to show us to ourselves. That was funny! I was thinking that we both got stuck at the same train track but mine happened in the AM taking Alexis to school. You need to get a little plastic potty and some small kitchen trash bags to trape over it. That way the kids can go in the car and then you just tie up the bag and toss when you get home

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

You made me laugh!!!! That was hilarious. I could just picture it! Me, I would have just put on a yucky old ball cap and no one would of noticed, they probably would of asked why I was so dressed up. ;)

Amy Gomez said...

I go through carpool line in my pjs all the time. Hopefully I never get pulled over and have to get out of the vehicle.