Thursday, June 12, 2008

Things Are Lookin' Up, I Think!

Well, I am happy to say I do believe we are all on the mend from all our colds, ear infections and such. Except hubby seems to be going through what I had and Freckles is still having some trouble every night with this "choking" like cough.
I just do not know why she can not seem to shake it. Thankfully she goes for her follow up with the pulminologist tomorrow so maybe she will get some kind of relief and we will get some answers as to what is causing this. I am no dr. but I am seriously starting to doubt that it is asthma related do to she has been taking the asthma meds for over a month now and is still having some problems.
A friend of mine asked me if she had been tested for TB and I have to say, that never crossed my mind nor did I really know what it was so I looked it up and the only symptom she has is the persistant cough and so now I'm freaking out with a case of "what ifs?"
(I know, Christine, reading that you probably want to just bonk me over the head)

On a lighter note exciting news, we are getting a mini and I mean mini home makeover YAY! Though little bigger house would be really nice, I am just happy to be getting new floors.
With all the allergies, asthma and stuff we have decided (along with the recommendations to do so by 2 dr.s and a family friend)to be pull up our carpet when my dad is available, hopefully soon, HINT HINT.
I have already found some beautiful tile, CHEAP tile I might add and I am SO excited. I will have to have my BFF come and help me with new change to go with my new floors. So much fun! *giggle*
My parents just put in real bamboo flooring and it is gorgeous
When I first saw it I was like that is what I want but then I look at the tile and it is a toss up really. What do you think, tile or bamboo hardwood? I know it's my decision but I like to get other peoples opinions too!
Anyway we are in real hopes of this helping out with the kids persistant little health problems, we shall see!
O.k, I guess that is about all before I think of something else to share.
Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved your parents' new flooring! i say go with the hardwood--for sure! and this is coming from someone who has tile EVERYWHERE. i think the hardwood would be softer and easier on the legs--trust me!!!

Stephanie said...

hmmm...we have hardwoods and tile in our house...the tile is harder to mop...stuff gets in the grout and you have to work on it, but the wood seems to show dirty much faster (dust especially). Toss Up for sure! I would probably choose the tile if it were me...but be sure not to get the cheapest tile...it will break. :)

Anonymous said...

We have both tile and hardwood (as you know from visiting) and all I can say is that the tile we had put down chips WAY too easily. If we had known this, we would have had more hardwood put down instead.

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

I wouldn't know what advice to give. We're thinking at some point putting tile in the kitchen and hardwood in the living area. I've always wondered about the dust as well. They're both beautiful, I guess it is a toss up;)

The Princess Diaries said...

Stephanie is right about not going too cheap on the tile or it WILL break. If you go with tile I would get a medium tone tile with matching or a little darker grout. You don't want light grout because it will show all the dirt it collects and you don't want it to be too dark or your tile with look like a checker board. I think you would want the floor to blend with a little definition given to it by the grout lines. It depends on what type of hard wood flooring because it may scratch really easily if it's "real wood" (and you have all of those kiddos) Think of an old country dance hall (lot's a character) Laminate hard wood floors may be the way to go if you choose the wood, because it won't scratch. Your last option would be to have your concrete slab stained. I think it will cost around $3 sq ft (including all the cleanup on the existing slab and maybe a little more it you want it scored.) I looooove my floors. Mine are dark but it comes in different color from light to dark. If you are interested I can give you the contact info on the people who professionally re-did our floors and you can come by with your hubby to see my floors.