Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dinner Could NOT Be Saved

Well after yesterdays What Next? post all I can say is.. there was yet another little snag I ran into.I am actually emabarrased to share it but it is funny. At least I think it is.

Even with all the craziness I went and bought some fresh fish at our local meat market and though, I soooo wanted fried fish; I decided to make the right choice and bake it like a good little mommy and wife should to keep her ever growing family healthy. hmmmmmm.

Well..... lets just say after all was said and done we all sat down to dinner, said our prayer and started to dig in.
I watched everyones reaction before I attempted my try it. To keep it short I got 1 thumbs up and 4 very unpleasant expressions. I asked "so how is it?" to which my hubby said "um, not bad" and I was waiting for the, but..... then as I tasted it I felt their pain!!
It was so gross, oh it smelled and looked wonderful as it was cooking but the taste, lets just say I would not feed it to my least favorite person.
Actually I do not even have one I do not think.

So I took another attempt to it as my poor family waited at the table, but in the end there was no way to save our dinner!

What is funny is we all kinda lost our appetites but later that evening ended up grabbing Whataburger.
Oh well, what can I say, so much for my healthy dinner!!
So I now I have a new rule of thumb, NEVER bake catfish unless you want to eat out!

3 comments:

The Princess Diaries said...

Hey there! Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I'm still very lazy in commenting, but I still find my way to your blog when I find "time" these days. I must say you are the blogging queen. You, who has the most kids and the least time always magages to post. I never thought you would of kept it up this long. Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, you're funny! We've all ruined a dinner here and there. It makes you look back and laugh... a lot! tehehe At least you tried!!!! :D

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

that's funny! we've all been there:D