Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where Has the Time Gone?



As time continues to go on,I find myself asking where has the time gone?
It is getting harder for me to realize my babies are all growing up right before my eyes. For whatever reason this has been an unbelievably emotional week for me.
The girls started school and Little Man will start the Mothers Day Out program next week, oy!
I have NEVER had a problem taking the kids to school without shedding a tear on the first day of school in the past but this yr. was so very different.
I was doing fine until we were half way home my hubby asked me if I was ok then I just lost it!
My poor sweetie was trying to drive, console me and keep from laughing. You see, I'm not very pretty when I cry but who really is right?

Anyway he reassured me they were going to do just fine and that the Lord was going to take good care of them. He also reminded me of the wonderful teacher they have once again this yr. AND that they were going to be in the same class and those two things alone are a HUGE blessing to ease this mommy. I will never seperate them again. The time will come soon enough.

But once we were home I could not help but constantly think about them. NOT fear for them, just think about them. It only seems like yesterday I found out I was finally expecting, then just two weeks later we got the news we were having twins!! TWINS!! I can't believe how time has passed.
Where has the time gone?

Just today Freckles asked me to tell them the story of how I met their daddy and when we fell in love, how he asked me to marry him and so on. Once I had gone through our whole story she said "I can't wait to see who I marry!" At this point I'm thinking; I do not think so girlie girl!!! But know the time will come if it's the Lords will, but thinking back on it, I remember thinking the very same thing as a little girl. :)

1 comment:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

time does seem to fly by. every now and then we have to take time to reflect and slow down and enjoy and take it all in before they fly the coop. Which will happen soon enough:)