So, My sweet hubby and I decided we would give it a go this yr depending on how everyone (the kids) were feeling (asthma, allergies etc).
Long story short; we decided to go after everyone was fine this morning.
As soon as we got there we ran into some friends from church:) then we went to the "barn" as the kids kept calling it (it's actually the animal exhibit), went and hit some rides, ran into my bff and her family :)), ate, rode more rides took in some of the other exhibits, had to check out those John Deere tractors, rode again and ended our day back in the barn yet again one last time to hold the baby chicks. :) The best part,after being there for 6 hrs and with all the dust, smoke and being around all the animals, we did not need any of our asthma meds we had taken!The kids did GREAT PTL! :)
And in the barn who should we run into? None other than Blondie, the girls friend.
they were all so excited to see each other outside of school, such a hoot!
As we walked back to the car, nothing but praises and "thank you mommy and daddy for letting us come to the fair. It was so much fun!!" came from our 3 oldest while our 4th cried all the way to the car. I'm still not sure what he was so upset about b/c the whole time we were there he did not ride but 2 rides and was crying to go home.
He was happier waving to his big bro and sisters as they would pass us on a ride. Go figure.
At the end of the day I have to say, I was not all that excited about going to the fair, but once it was all said and done I am SO glad we did!
Here are few pics and will post more later.
LM LOVES Herbie and was thrilled to be driving him at the fair. Then became a little puzzled with the little girl hopped in next to him but soo was excited once again!
All four fixin' to take a "spin" in the BIG teacups.
With my BFF kids
In the "barn" playing with the adorable chicks. LM could not decide which one to pick!
Lm petting a calf. He was so sweet and cute!
The kids were able to pet one of the little hens a little girl had shown.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys went! It was great seeing you and your cowboys were priceless. Love the pictures!
Looks like so much fun!! I remember taking Jesse and Jacob when they were little. I miss the fair!!
It was fun seeing you guys there! You stayed far longer than we did, but it was fun to see these things through the kids eyes. :)
I'm so glad ya'll got to go... from what I heard yesterday the kiddos had a blast! We had a GREAT time with ya'll last night at the folks house... it was soooo fun!!!! Luv you all!!!!
Post a Comment