Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Real" School and Now a Cubbie!

I am once again a few days behind but hey, what else is new right?




Well, Tuesday was Little Mans B-I-G day as he started "real" school as he calls it.
He is in a Mothers Day Out program here in town and just LOVES it! He has patiently been waiting to go to his own school since last year.

Excited to have him in a MDO program, I still had some anxiety of how things were going to go his first day b/c he has never been anywhere w/o us except at his Grandparent's house.
Well once THE day arrived, I was a little apprehensive walking him into class but surprisingly he quickly eased my mind and showed me there was no need to feel like that at all b/c when we got to his room, he turned around gave us kisses waved goodbye and said "Bye mommy, see you later"

As I saw and heard all the other kids around us crying and grasping for their Mommy's, mine was ready to let go. I must say it was a bitter sweet moment for me and yet made it much easier leaving him there....NO TEARS!

He was very excited to return the next day not realizing he only gets to go 2 days a week and NOT everyday. When he saw the girls leave for school he started to cry b/c he wanted to go too. :(
I assured him he would be going again but just not that day so we had a fun Mommy and boys day instead!!

In other news our Little Man not only started MDO but is also an AWANA Cubbie!!

This too is another thing he has been wanting to do off and on but we decided it would be good for him even if he was going to be reluctant.
Last night was the first night of AWANAS and he had a blast! He is ready to back for more fun and puppets!

Needless to say, it has been a very exciting week for our little guy and our family. Seeing that he too is growing up so fast right before our eyes just makes me wonder once again, where has the time gone?


1 comment:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

What a big boy now!! And then you have some one on one with chunk:) Twice a week it is just me and Aubrie and I know that is nice for her.