Friday, December 14, 2007

A Kid with Character!

Click to play AWARD

About a week ago, when I picked up the girlies from school Freckles was excited and anxious to show me a letter she had for Daddy and I from the principal. " I get to have lunch with the principle on Friday!!" she told me as she was shoving the paper in my face. Well, when we got home I read the paper and what it was, was out of her class she was being awarded with a certificate of having the character of attentiveness (I sure wish she would show that trait at home!!) it was going to be given to her on Friday morning in chapel and then she would be having a special lunch with the principal. As I congratulated her , loved and told her how proud I was of her I could see the little Princess sulking that she did not get the award for her class. I told her she probably would soon enough. Though that really did not help, I tried to explain to her they each have their own accomplishments and that was ok. Well, needless to say she still was not a happy camper. So on Friday we all went to school to watch Freckles accept her award. blink, blink, Yes I am tearing up. It was one of those proud moments a parent has that they will never forget. I know there will be many more acomplishments to come from all four of my precious blessings, but I guess this being really the first academic one, it was just really special! So afterwards we got to spend a little time with the girlies before they headed off to class. One day I will not forget!

5 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

Way to go Caitlin!! What a happy accomplishment.

Amy Gomez said...

Good job Caitlin!! I am sure there are many more to come!!! Love your site! Hugs & Kisses, AUNT AMY

Anonymous said...

jennifer, please read to caitlin:
caitlin-you are one special and attentavie little girl. your uncie nard and i know how smart you are, so keep paying attention and learn all you can. we can't wait to see what you become when you grow up! we love you VERY much, uncie nard and aunt georgi

Anonymous said...

p.s. sorry for the misspelling--not so attentive!

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

Good job Caitlin! I'm so proud of you.