Thursday, December 20, 2007

Recipe of the Week #2

O.k. ladies love lasagna but hate the mess and the prep time? Then this is just the recipe for you.

LAZY LASAGNA

1 lb. ground beef
1 can 32 oz. spagehetti sauce ( i like del monte meat sauce)
1 -16 oz. cottage cheese (in place of ricatta)
8 oz. sour cream
1 pkge non cook lasagna noodles (helps cut the time)
3- pkgs 6 oz. whole milk mozzerella cheese slices
1/2 cup grated parmesian cheese
2 tsp. chopped parsley for color (optional)
salt, pepper, italian seasoning, garlic powder ( as much or little as you like)

prehaet oven to 350. brown meat with seasonings untill well cooked then drain.
in a seperate bowl, mix cottage cheese, sour cream, chopped parsley, some of the parm. cheese and stir well.
put 1/3 cup of the sauce on the bottom of your 9x13 casserole dish then layer noodles, then sour cream mixture, cheese slices, then the meat sauce sprinkle parm cheese over meat sauce and repeat layers. you should end with cheese on top if not, i goofed with the layering!! spray a piece of foil with pam and cover and bake for 45 min. or until gold and bubbly!
it may not be olive garden but it is pretty good stuff! enjoy :)

3 comments:

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

I have a pampered chef recipe that is similar to this, but it's meatless. So I'll have to try this one for a different taste! Sounds delicious....we love lasagne around here!! Thanks! And by the way I think I'm going to try your other recipe tonight!!

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

OOOO! Sounds great! Merry Christmas my little pretty!

Anonymous said...

I think that I will have to print this reciepe so that my wife can make it for me !! it sounds DEEEELCIOUS !!