Friday, February 22, 2008

What is That?!

Ahhhh yes, the things that come out of the mouths of babes. Not sure that I will ever live this down, but it so a post worth sharing!!!

This morning after sisters and daddy were off to school and work the boys and I were being silly and wrestling around when a little flabage (lest I remind you, I have 4 children and of those, one set of twins) was exposed. Both boys immediately stopped playing and then Little Man asks, "Is that a baby in there?" A bit embarrassed, humiliated and finding it very funny all at the same time, I told him no and he insisted that yes there was questioning out loud to himself "Mommy is going to have another baby??????" He had himself and Chunk so convinced, that Chunk then chimed in with "BABY TUMMY MOMMY!!" This makes me laugh even as I tell you about this. Then they both persisted to love on the baby. Ok,I'm dying here! Anywhooo, after I got them to stop and realize that there was no baby, Little Man asked " Well what is that?" So I explained Mommy's tummy got a little big after his sisters, him and brother were born. " Well, why did it stay like that?" Again, DYING!!! I told him I need to exercise more to which he said "You should get on your treadmill" I agreed that was a super idea and that I would a little later on. So, from then on it went from a baby to mommy play dough!!! I'm not sure which of the two was worse but hey, what a way to start your day huh?!

5 comments:

ENAACT Yearbook Class said...

I could see your face. This was too funny!! *giggle*

The Princess Diaries said...

If it makes you feel better....we all have that little pooch! You need to ask Christine how to hold it in. I can't take all of that torture so I buy "assets" from Target; they are great!

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

First of all,(hee,hee)that was so funny and well put "out of the mouth of babes." You never know when and what they will come up with:) Anyway Yes indeed we all have THAT pooch. Still working on loosing a little more of mine and even then I'm not convinced that it will ALL ever go away;)

Anonymous said...

That is phenomenal!!! I'm laughing my fool head off right now. THe boys crack me up girl. Reminds me when we were over playing memory and Little Man was not happy that I was winning. He said he wasn't gonna let me play anymore since I was winning. I told him he couldn't play with my toys at my house when he comes to visit, to which he cupped my ear and said, "But Aunt Joy... you don't have any toys at your house" :) Talk about laughing and crying at the same time. Also, ahem... where is the picture I took from date night sister!?!?!?! Luv u!!!

Amy Gomez said...

thank the lord for SPANX!! You are not alone in the pursuit of eliminating flab. Kids say the funniest stuff. At least yours didn't say you were fat!