Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He REALLY is a BIG KID NOW!!!

Finally looks like the time has come!!!! As some of you know I had been working with Chunk on his potty training for quite some time and it has happened or is happening!

This past Saturday we were doing some stuff around the house and Chunk was no where to be found (and we do not have a big house by any means) then I happened to see the bathroom light on (which usually is not a good thing when Chunk is m.i.a.) as I walked in he is sitting on the potty smiling from ear to ear and two big dimples showing telling me excitedly "I went poopie mommy, i did it now can I have a candy?!" and boy had he gone, and ALL by himself!!
It is as if a little light bulb went on and he was TRAINED no lie!!!! Well, with the exception of night time wetting but other tan that he has been accident free. It all reminds me of December 18,'07 the day the same thing happened with Little Man and I was singing "Oh Glorious Day!" seriously! LOL
Anyway, if you read last weeks continued post, I was having to tell him to go sit rather than he go on his own, which yes was already a big step b/c at least he was going/ trying then! And now... well now, I'm just ecstatic! Like I said before, I knew the time would come and it looks like it has! PHEW!

We took him to pick out his big boy undies which dubs him a true BIG kid now!
And believe you me, there are no tears coming from this mommy this time!

Please do not get me wrong, it does sadden me to see how quickly our kids are growing right before our eyes with each new accomplishment they make but remember, I've also been changing sweet little tushes for the past straight 7 1/2 yrs. I'd say it is about time and you know you would too! :)

So it is with great happiness I am shouting, GOODBYE DIAPERS and DAYTIME PULL UPS!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Congrats on the successful potty training! I can't imagine a day without diapers...

Georgianna (aka Georgi) said...

yay Chris!!!

Mommy's Little Blessings said...

wonderful, Chunk !!! Way to go!